TreeRunner Ninja Relay Race
The TreeRunner Ninja Relay Race is our first ever competition designed to challenge teams of 4 climbers to see who can accomplish the fastest time through a specific course.
The goal of the competition is to not only provide a means for climbers to test their physical ability, but to also raise money for charity – this year, we will be donating 25% of all proceeds to a charitable cause.
Each team will have an opportunity to practice on the courses in the morning before getting a chance to compete in their respective time slots in the afternoon.
The entry fee for each team is $200.00. The top three teams will advance to a final on the following Sunday in which each team’s teamwork will be tested by jointly climbing a course to determine the winner.
- First place team will win $500.00 in cash, 4 TreeRunner T-Shirts, an 4 season passes for the 2018 season.
- Second place team will win $200.00 in cash, 4 TreeRunner T-Shirts, and 8 free adult tickets for the 2018 season.
- Third place will win 4 custom TreeRunner T-shirts and 4 free adult tickets for the 2018 season.
- 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM available for practice (registered race participants only)
- 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Race Heats every 20 minutes. Each team will sign up for a slot with only one team per slot.
- 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Celebratory Glow Night (open to the public)
Don’t have a team of 4? Drop-in Slots now available!
Select 10:40 AM, 12:40 PM, or 2:40 PM for your race time and book individually for these slots and we’ll put the team together for you!
How the race works:
- Each person will climb through one of the courses for time. The courses that will be included in this race are Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Purple. So be strategic in plotting out who will start where based on your team’s strengths!
- 15 minutes before your heat time, you’ll head up to the deck. We will have each of you clipped in at the starting line in front of each of your courses.
- When the air horn blows, the climber for Pink will begin while being cheered on by the rest of the team. This is when the timer begins for your team.
- When the climber on Pink’s feet hit the ending platform, the air horn will blow for the next climber on Yellow to begin. When the person on Yellow’s ends the run, the air horn will sound again for the next climber to begin! This continues for the other two courses. False starts will add 30 seconds onto your time, so no cheating!
- When the last climber ends their run on Purple. The air horn will sound signaling your time to stop.
Race order/course specifics
- Pink: Starting at the course entrance (which starts the time), ending when your feet touch the platform on the second zip line.
- Yellow: Starting at the course entrance at the air horn that sounds when the pink climber ends. Your course ends when your feet hit the ground.
- Blue: Starting at the course entrance at the air horn that sounds when the green climber ends. Ending when your feet hit the final platform after the zip line.
- Purple: Starting at the course entrance at the air horn that sounds when the blue climber ends. Ending when your feet hit the end of the third zip line platform. This will signal the end of your team’s time!
The top three teams will compete to secure their spot as TreeRunner Ninja Team Champion! The structure of this one will be slightly different as the entire team will work together to climb through our Double Black Diamond Loop (black and red connected, ending at the Zip Line). All course rules must be followed (i.e., one person on an element at a time, three people max on a platform). Your team’s time will start when the first person begins climbing, and will end when the last person completes the course via the Big Zip Line. Teammates are encouraged to help each other make it through the entire course!